Monday, June 21, 2010

And we're off!

Well, I have been hard at work on starting that line of jewelry. Rings and pendants mostly, but maybe some earrings too. We shall see...

So, here is some stuff happening:



I've been trying to work on several things at once so I don't find myself wasting any time waiting for things to pickle or whatnot. It's been working out quite well. I've found myself to be quite the little multi-tasker :)




It took me a while to decide what the bails should look like. I would lay down to go to bed and not be able to sleep because I kept thinking of how to twist the wires or how everything would be held together. I couldn't sleep until I thought of some kind of solution. I think it turned out well though. This was the second one I finished:

It took much less time than the first one. It's a garnet set into an antique button. Many thanks are due here to Aunt Laura and Dave for letting me rummage through their jars of nifty old buttons.

So, the first pendant I made has been in process for months. I started on it sort of aimlessly hoping that I'd figure out what exactly I was doing somewhere along the way, and this is what I ended up with:

Another antique button with an olive colored star sapphire. I really like the way it turned out, especially the bail. Here is a view of the back:


I added a little piece of mokume just to keep it interesting.
And here's another picture of the two of them:



So, I really like the way they turned out. I ran into new challenges, and learned quite a bit in the process. Anyway, I guess these two are like the mom and dad of the collection to come. I'll keep working at it and post more when the babies are born :)

1 comment:

Kathy Diggs said...

Awesome! Keep it up and you will be a STAR!!!