Friday, March 7, 2008

Belt Buckles

The more I make, the more I want to make!
Here are two of my most recent pieces, my first and second belt buckles:

This buckle was made for Tedd McDonah's patterned metals class. It is about 2" x 3" and contains forge welded steel. The back plate is nickel and the wire between the steel is sterling.


This buckle was made for the Andy Cooperman workshop. I used some sheet bronze that he provided and some Mokume Gane material that I had made in Tedd's class. I actually really like the way this one turned out!


The Andy Cooperman workshop was really fun. He taught us a lot of handy tricks and he's quite an entertaining guy, too. I'm glad I went!

If you are interested in seeing more forge welded steel and damascus, I like this site:


http://www.crandart.co.uk/index.htm


If you want to see more examples of Mokume Gane, I like this site:


http://www.shiningwave.com/index.html


They have some pretty cool patterns on that site. Of course you could just Google the terms and come up with these sites and a few others.


Well, until next time, Enjoy!


Post Edited on 3/14/08 (better pictures (Thanks Becky!))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome buckle! Especially the one made in the Andy Cooperman workshop. Clean, nice balance. lovely.

Keep working.
Andy Cooperman