Thursday, March 6, 2008

A story about a jar.


Last week, my dad told me that we might take a fishing trip, my first in years. I decided to go through my very old collection of fishing whatnot to see what I still had laying around. I had a three and a half foot fishing pole and a snoopy tackle box. Here's the tackle box:



I opened the tackle box...


This is what I found at the bottom of the tackle box...



So, there were these eggs in there. I figure they had to be about...

Oh, about 12 years old. Give or take...

The last time I saw these eggs, they were fluorescent red.

Not so anymore...

Notice the quote on the side of the lid.

"Soft but satisfying"

I thought to myself what a nice little jar it was and how useful it would be to hold small metal objects. But, you may think, is it worth it?

Of course :)

So. I readied myself for the opening of the jar...

Wait...

Ok, now I'm ready.

Ew.

It turns out that they had solidified into an egg brick sort of thing, and didn't end up smelling that bad. At least from a distance.

I had to do some prying, but...

They came out!

Egg brick!

Now, time to attend to that jar!

It kills the Flu! And hopefully whatever was growing in there for the past dozen years.

Now, Clorox is wonderful, but I think it smells worse that 12 year old rotten, solidified, salmon egg brick. So, we'll let it hang out and do it's thing in the sink for a while.

Et Voila!

A nice pretty, clean, handy, little jar for me to use. I'll collect pennies in there for next year's Yuma pin swap. (The penny pins were a hit!)

So, we didn't end up going fishing :(

We didn't have the money to buy new fishing stuff because of the three flat tires we got on two of the cars this week. Yeah, I know, right?

On another note, Yuma was a blast. I still have to go through all the pictures, edit, then post them. Stay tuned, they'll be up soon enough.

Also, I'll be posting a couple of pictures of belt buckles I made. Those will probably be up before the Yuma ones.

So. Hope you all enjoyed my jar story :)

2 comments:

Tedd R McDonah said...

those look like they'd be good on crackers. maybe throw on a a little piece of smoked gouda

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren,
Marla Hattabaugh sent me your blogspot address to be included in the Fiber Connection group. Please send me an EMAIL ADDRESS (you need to have an email contact on your blog!) so we can send you the info!
thx, laurie